Sunday, 3 November 2013

Gravestones of Glengarry Volume 9 Summerstown - Glen Walter



What's New Nov 3  Week in Review -- Alex W Fraser -Glengarrycounty.com


Gravestones of Glengarry Volume 9  Summerstown - Glen Walter is now available

Getting Gravestones of Glengarry Volume 10, Martintown - Apple Hill closer to being finalized.



October in Review

  1. Added some more titles to the download page and offering a 15% discount on purchases.  http://glengarrycounty.com/download.html
  2. Finalized St Raphael's BMD 1804 - 1835 with index   http://glengarrycounty.com/strap0435.html
  3.  Got some McRae families sorted out, loaded into my MacDonalds of Loup, Lundie & Fraser Connections Version 4 index  http://glengarrycounty.com/loupv4index.html
  4. MacDonald Burying Ground, Westmeath, Ont where 3 brothers John, Walter, William who served in the war of 1812 are buried and have connections with Glengarry County.
  5. Updated a number of my Glengarrycounty.com web pages  http://glengarrycounty.com
  6. added 13 titles for sale to http://glengarrycounty.com/bkwant.htmml
  7. had a query on McDougalls of Finch, Ont and McIntyre of Maxville // Roxborough Ontario area
  8. Completed a number of book, CD orders for out titles as well.
the McIntyre query

Hello!

I am trying to make sense of some genealogical information that was given to my parents back when I was born in the 1950s.

Right now I am working on the information for my G/G/GF James McIntyre and his wife Margery McDonald McIntyre.  The information that I have says that Margery ( or Marjorie?) died in 1849 and was buried in "Maxville, Stormont, Ontario."

The only cemetery that I have found information for online does not go back that far.  Can you direct me to any older information about burials in that location?

Any hints will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Olivia (but always called "Holly") McIntyre

drholly @ email.com
or
mcintyre @ nereg.lib.ms.us
The McDougall Query
Name: Gordon MacDougall


surnames: McDougall family of Finch, Ontario

Date: Jan. 2. 1855 - Dec. 30 1960

query: My gggrandfather and gggrandmother came to Finch in the mid-1850's with multiple family members. Can you recommend any of your publications which might help me to fill in the blanks. My understanding is that some of them brought the ability to distill whisky with them! My grandfather was Hector Donald MacDougall who came to B.C. in the very early 1900's as my father was born in what is now Southern Alberta in 1906. They were on their way to Hedley to work in the gold mine there. The old timers above came from the Isle of Mull and were named Allan and Flora (Paterson). The Paterson name shows up a couple of times with some of my gguncles as a second given name.
Thanks for any assistance you might be able to give me, Gordon Wallace MacDougall,

Enjoy

take care and God Bless
Alex W Fraser
Courtenay, BC

feel free to forward this up date to any one who might find it of interest


No comments:

Post a Comment